This landmark program will present cutting edge research and evidence-based educational sessions across many disciplines and is the premiere national conference in transgender health.
Early-bird registration is open for the 2015 National Transgender Health Summit!
Combining the expertise of the Center of Excellence for Transgender Health, Alliance Health Project, Pacific AIDS Education and Training Center, and Center for AIDS Prevention, the National Transgender Health Summit will provide an exceptional educational forum for disseminating cutting edge research and increasing clinical skills among health care professionals of all backgrounds.
We invite health care providers, researchers, and students interested in improving health care for transgender people to attend this pioneering Summit. The mission of the Center of Excellence for Transgender Health (CoE) is to increase access to comprehensive, effective, and affirming healthcare services for trans and gender-variant communities.
Programming will include world-renowned experts in the field of transgender health care including:
- Clinical Track, chaired by Madeline Deutsch, MD(UCSF, Dept. of Family and Community Medicine)
- Research Track, chaired by Jae Sevelius, PhD (UCSF,Dept. of Medicine)
- Mental Health Track, Academic chaired by DanKarasic, MD (UCSF, Dept. of Psychiatry), CommunityCo-chair Barbara Warren, PsyD, LMHC (Mount Sinai-Beth Israel-NYC) and Logistic Co-chair Danielle Castro,MA, MFTi (UCSF, Center of Excellence for TransgenderHealth)
- Health Policy Institute, chaired by Jody Herman, PhD(Williams Institute, UCLA School of Law), HarveyMakadon, MD (National LGBT Health Education Center,The Fenway Institute), Jamison Green, PhD (WorldProfessional Association for Transgender Health), andKellan Baker, MPH (Center for American Progress)
Call for Abstracts: Research Track
We are seeking presentations on data-driven research from diverse
health care disciplines. Learn more and apply online. Submit by December 12, 2014.
- Abstract submission deadline: December 12, 2014.
- Notifications of decisions regarding abstract submissions:
via email by February 13, 2015.
- Summit: April 17 and 18, 2015
- UCSF Center of Excellence for Transgender Health
- UCSF Center for AIDS Prevention Studies
- Alliance Health Project
- Pacific AIDS Education and Training Center